Apply to join the JustChange Ottawa Board
JustChange is seeking new members to join our giving circle. Interested in accelerating great ideas in your city through microgrants? See below and apply by March 25, 2019. We’re here if you have any questions. Just email email@example.com.
JustChange Ottawa is a group of individuals in Ottawa who collectively pool their own funds in support of great ideas for social change, environmental sustainability and/or economic development in our city.
Each member contributes $50 per month. Bi-monthly we collectively release a call for great ideas (a Request For Proposals), meet to discuss the proposals, give a $1,000 grant and put on a ‘JustDrinks’ event to celebrate the grantee.
Our micro-granting chapter began 6 years ago when 12 friends came together with a new way to make giving back to our communities simple and fun. Since then we have given out over $30,000 to accelerate great ideas in our community, celebrated more than 30 grantees at JustDrinks events, and formed life long connections and friendships with our fellow board members.
It is time for some of our members to move on to their next challenge and we’re looking to bring on new people who are passionate about Ottawa and helping to create the change they want to see.
Being on the board has its benefits (#boardperks)
- Become a micro-philanthropist and experiment with new forms of giving in order to give local ideas for social change, environmental sustainability and economic development a chance
- Get professional development opportunities that include speaking engagements, media relations, strategic planning and event planning.
- Enhance your networks by working collaboratively with a diverse group of progressive individuals; use your existing networks and skills to support the grantees and their great ideas
- Make change in your city by supporting ideas and moving forward the issues that you care about
Interested in applying? The ideal candidate is…
- Passionate about our city and aware of environmental issues and/or social innovation, social enterprise and economic development in Ottawa
- Between the age of 20 to 30 and interested and able to commit their
- Money – contributing $600/year ($50/month). Please note that since JustChange is not a charity, contributions will not be tax deductible.
- Time – donating 5 to 10 hours per month – participating in bi-monthly application review, board meetings and the execution of our JustDrinks event where the grantee is celebrated and the award
givenand supporting the board administratively and with their communications and promotional efforts
- Networking skills and networks to advance great ideas in the city of Ottawa
- Excited by the prospect of challenging fellow board members on decisions in support of the values and mission of JustChange.
- A leader and doer who is able to motivate others to keep the granting cycle (from the call for great ideas to the selection of grantees and the awarding of grants) on track.
- Able to move beyond the controversial and find a way to move forward conversations on contentious issues understanding that perfection and consensus
israre when advancing solutions for complex social and environmental problems.
- Knowledge of communications, marketing, event planning, and/or social media is a major plus!